Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Last Day of Radiation

YEAH!  Today is my last radiation day (at least for the two tumors needing it)!  I'm hoping that with it completed now I will start gaining typical hearing back and have less swelling in my face.  My taste buds are off too.  I made my Great Aunt's famous cheesecake for the Radiation Oncologist employees as a thank you, but I won't have a slice yet until I can taste things better!  Two things to share here - despite the fact that the recipe is a major family secret, I had to have my father help (he doesn't have the recipe! lol!) and the people who have interacted with me at the hospital have been amazing!  They have made me feel good in so many ways.  BUT...recipe is still a secret!

I had a meeting with the Monsignor from my church yesterday, which was pretty awesome.  I did get blessed, which resulted in some tears.  We spoke about my situation in a positive way, which is perfect for me.  We joked that a book or movie needs to come out of this!  There are so many interesting things that have happened through this terrible illness.  Again, there is some big reason as to why it is occurring, but we are still figuring it out!

I had a very busy day yesterday.  Between my appointments and lots of phone calls I was worried about managing Halloween with my boys.  Since my wonderful neighbors helped me out with golf cart transportation, I did get to experience the holiday with my boys.  These are the things that matter most in the world - being able to share wonderful things with your kids!

OK well this blog is creating too many happy tears so I'm going to stop writing.  Doc appointment on Thursday so I will try and update what the next steps will be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment