Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Chatting with me

It's been amazing the number of people that are supporting me and frankly the numbers are increasing!  So I'm offering up a handful of things.  My email address is now public on this blog, but in case you can't find it it is jennie.dilemmo@gmail.com (hopefully I won't get spam!).  I will say that I don't frequently respond since I do get a lot of emails, but I'll give you an example of one of my favorites.  A friend of mine writes an email to me every week with positivity, prayers, thoughts, and really just anything to help me out.  We agree that I don't respond back, but he still writes to me every week and I love it!  Although if you do have questions, I will certainly respond!
I am also on Facebook so if you want to request me as a friend I will do that as well.  I didn't realize it, but some colleagues of mine didn't know I was on Facebook or even had a blog.

Just to update on treatment.  I finish radiation on Tuesday.  The cheekbone radiation gave me more fatigue, but still not nearly as bad as chemo.  Today I'm not hearing very well which is not an unexpected symptom.  It might be a long term issue, but I have had days where the ear is really good.
I see Dr. S next week so I will know the next steps in terms of chemo.  Hopefully, whatever the next treatment is I will not experience side-effects, but I'm definitely wanting dead tumors!

No comments:

Post a Comment