Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Family Update

Surprisingly there will now be two posts that are virtually back to back!  Since I did write that blog at the crack of dawn today and finally went to bed at 3AM, I forgot to include some interesting and important items.  Most of what I'm mentioning is not related to my health and current situation so I will not include many details.
My father who practically lived here for 6 months to help with the kids and the whole family, ran into another heart problem.  Last December (2010) he had a triple bypass and most recently (late Jan) he had a pacemaker installed.  It is so unfortunate that my family is dealing with these health issues.  Both my Dad and I were very healthy before cancer and heart disease.  If you subtract those terrible diseases, Dad and I are still extraordinarily healthy; my biggest issues would be asthma and ulcerative colitis.  There is certainly not a clear cut explanation as to why these things are happening so we have to continue to view God as the controller.  Ultimately there is a reason why these things occur, we just don't know why and might never know.          
To explain another situation, my mother-in-law also lived here to help out in many respects.  Fortunately she has not needed surgery; however, she has had to struggle with an excessive sinus infection during the entire living experience and currently she can not help us because she has shingles.  It is upsetting that she is going through these sicknesses especially for so long.
There is no understanding as to why all of these unfortunate things are happening to me and my families.  Don't read this thinking that I'm asking for help.  Yes, it is wonderful to have help from our friends, but frankly this blog is intended to explain the odd experiences that we are going through.  Most importantly we need to come up with mental and emotional ways of dealing with what is occurring.  Like I previously mentioned, God has the control and for some reason all of this is valid and important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment