Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Grandma

It was wonderful to have my parents visit this weekend.  We adjusted how my Dad would interact with the children since he still has medical restrictions from the pacemaker surgery.  Braeden was so happy to see his grandparents and of course Colton at 10.5 months definitely recognized them and was extremely happy and playful as well.
My mother received a phone call from one of her brothers who lives in California while she was visiting.  She receives very infrequent phone calls from him.  Unfortunately, there was important reasoning for the call; my grandmother is in the hospital.  The doctors diagnosed her with cancer where there are nodules in her liver and lungs.  They stated that she will only last for a few days.
Naturally this is another sad and disappointing situation.  In some respects, we can at least think that she lived a long life.  However, unfortunately for me and my brother, we did not see her very often especially as we got older.  She definitely was aware of everything we did since my mom spoke to her weekly and we also thought she had some psychic ability.  It seems that she always knew about things that occurred without us saying anything!  Anyway, I'm hoping for success in any appropriate fashion; if the doctors are wrong then she will feel wonderful and be able to fight through cancer!  However, if the doctors are correct, then she and God will be together and she can continue to watch all of us.
Love you Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment