Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Finally

Happy Easter!
It has obviously been a long time since I wrote last on this blog, but at least I'm corresponding again.  I will explain in detail why I didn't add blog posts within the last few months at a later time.  However, from a simple perspective things didn't work well or make me happy when trying to organize a clinical trial.  Organizing the trial frankly was impossible and really made me depressed.
Tomorrow I am going back to the Philly Hospital for treatment.  I had a CAT scan after 6 weeks of chemo to determine whether I can continue the treatment. Based on the clinical rules, Dr. S strongly believed that I was eligible to continue!  Most of my tumors did not change size, which is actually a positive result.  I know it sounds strange and odd, but it actually is good data.  Overall, it takes quite a bit of time for the body to respond to chemo so if most of the tumors are not increasing in size things are good!
I will try to mention more soon, but I can't promise of course!  I generally feel pretty off during the first week so it might be some time before you hear from me again.  Interestingly, I get treatment every 3 weeks so I typically feel much better at the end.  Wish me luck and prayers that this is really working!

1 comment:

  1. The Easter season and spring is always considered a time of renewal and new beginnings and this is a positive direction at the perfect time of year! You are always in my thoughts and prayers - stay strong!

    ReplyDelete