Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Finally reporting...

Many apologies for the late blog.  It has been a very emotional and busy schedule since the meeting with my doctor last week.  Unfortunately, my body did not respond to the chemo treatment, meaning that the tumors did not die or shrink.  As a result, two of the tumors became highly problematic to my brain and legs.  If these tumors did not experience radiation immediately, especially the back tumor, I could have dealt with severe problems to those areas.  After the doctor's appointment last Thursday, we were sent immediately to PA Hospital to start radiation.  The radiation oncologist actually recommended a colleague that works at a hospital near my home.  Since radiation occurs every day it is much easier to manage a quick trip nearby as compared to a terrible trip down to Philly. 
Today was treatment #6 for the back tumor and I have  4 more to go; however, the cheekbone tumor will start its 12 days of treatment on Monday.  The cheekbone tumor since it is so close to key organs, salivary glands, ears, brain, eyes, mouth, etc. they are using highly advanced and specialized technology to avoid issues to those areas.  It takes a long time for planning and many people like radiation oncologists and physicists to derive the exact plan of action.  I don't have a complete view of the steps after radiation since the doctor's appointment was fast to get me to the hospital, but chemo will start again at some point to deal with the other tumors that exist.
I did cry like crazy last Thursday and have dealt with a lot of emotions the last few days, but I've headed back towards my fight towards positivity, health, and success!  This is really a terrible result in some sense, but perhaps it really is the correct and best way to progress and deal with these nasty tumors!    

No comments:

Post a Comment