Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Recent Doctor Visit & Request for Help!

Thursday, September 29 was the most recent doctor's visit with great blood values.  My white blood cells and hemoglobin were both good this time so no more antibiotic (woohoo!) and more energy!  Frankly the doctor joked and asked if the blood was Michael's (my hubby) or if there was issue with getting the blood.  I do have great energy levels so it is possible that the hemoglobin values are frankly realistic.  I am certainly able to do more things and just walking up the stairs is easier; however, since I've been so sedentary the last few months I don't have huge physical strength.  Fatigue and physical strength are very different experiences!  I guess the way to explain the main difference is that with physical strength you can at least progress a little when you feel weak whereas with fatigue you feel like you will pass out or collapse.  Even though I have energy I sense that my body still wants to relax and sleep.  I hope that I have the right approach by following those senses.
Request for help, support, prayers, and the like....
CAT Scan to determine how things are proceeding is tomorrow.  I'm nervous and scared, but I need to stay positive.  It is difficult to think about so I'm trying to avoid that as much as possible!  Thursday will be the next doc's visit to go over the results. Because I've been learning how to ask for help, I'm wishing that all of you do something to request good values for me!  Since I'm so worried it is best to avoid chatting with me for a few days, but if you want to text, email, Facebook, or comment feel free!  Love the help!  You guys are helping me gain positivity which is the key to health!



   

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!! Just got my Team Jennie, Positivity bracelet. Great color!!

    ReplyDelete