Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Radiation, Energy & Bordem

Radiation has been a relatively easy and interesting experience.  The back area that was started on October 7th is complete while the cheekbone hits day 8 out of 12 today.   I feel really good lately - I have more energy, but I'm not allowed to do certain things.  I have to continue to protect the back by avoiding lifting, long walking, or anything else that causes discomfort.  However, I have been able to do things with the back that was problematic for a long time.  I make myself pancakes for breakfast regularly now and have even made cookies!  I do have to continue to be conservative which is not typical mind set for me, but it is really important. 
I am going nuts in a lot of ways now since I feel good.  I'm bored and frankly tired of being home so much.  It will be interesting to see how I feel with the next round of chemo treatments.  I'm not sure when it will start or what the typical reaction is to those drugs, but I'm going to try and attempt some normalcy.  I want to chat with the doctor about returning to work even if it is for an hour a week!  Again, I'm going to behave and approach things slowly and with caution, but if I feel good even through treatment it shouldn't be crazy to work a little! 
I did have an unfortunate experience last night with Braeden where I found I can't control him physically.  I'm certainly not even close to 100% despite feeling good and it is obvious that it will take a long time for me to get back to normal.  Despite what occurred though I should still be pleased that things have improved even slightly.  I've at least learned to approach things better and without complete insanity and perfectionism!

No comments:

Post a Comment