Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Monday, January 9, 2012

No in-law help

I wanted to share the craziness that occurred the first week of January when my mother-in-law is no longer able to help.  In case you are not aware, she is with her husband down in Florida for January.  Theoretically, this meant that Monday evening through Thursday morning we would be minus a level of help.  On those days she generally dressed, fed, made lunches, and sent the kids to school each day as well as brought them home, made dinner, played with them, and then sent them to bed.
The new scheduling means new sets of help.  We have a wonderful neighbor helping Tuesday through Thursday morning at the house with the kids.  Michael does the drop off and pick up at school now.  Monday and Wednesday night we have very close and amazing friends that help until bedtime.
The first week was going well except that on Wednesday the kids were having bedtime issues.  Colton, the 9 month old, ended up with a stomach bug and was vomiting.  Braeden needed a late visit to the 'potty' while Coli was getting sick.  Our poor friends ended up going home with different shirts on.
The next evening this continued, but Braeden ended up getting sick, as well as my father and the one babysitter.
We came to the realization at the end of the weekend that both boys were insistent on being with Michael.  Coli cried more often when Michael wasn't around and Braeden wanted to be with him constantly.  Coli even cried with my father, which is unusual and Braeden had no interest in going to bed with him either.  We think that the new schedule where Michael is driving them to school makes them used to having him around much more.  As a result of having daddy around so often, the boys want him quite often.  We are not sure how to deal with this!  In general, it complicates things mainly for Michael.  It is difficult for him to get things done in the house like dish washing and laundry when two boys are needing him.
Any ideas to help the situation let us know!  We have at least three more weeks of this!     

1 comment:

  1. I am a big fan of disposable plates, cups, and silverware at times like this! Is there a neighbor girl in high school who could help out with the laundry once or twice a week? Playing with two beautiful little boys is way more fun than doing dishes and laundry anyway! :-))

    ReplyDelete