Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nervous

I didn't mention this previously because it just became apparent that I'm nervous!  I found out on Thursday that I have my CAT Scan scheduled at the end of the month.  It makes me more frantic and worried about whether this current treatment is working.  I'll certainly be upset if this would be another treatment that is unsuccessful!  I would then have to change to a new treatment, #3, and go through the entire process again to attempt success.  It is so hard to understand whether the physical experiences from the treatment mean that it works - are there new tumors or tumors that are growing OR the existing tumors are dying and nothing new exists?

After this treatment I have a high level of pain and it definitely exists in new areas like the left side of my back near the T6 position as well as the left part of the abdomen below the ribcage.  What does this mean?  I didn't experience this during treatment #1 that didn't work; I hardly had pain anywhere.  Of course my analytical brain overwhelms the situation - I need to some how relax my thinking, but it is certainly difficult.  Frankly, no one, myself, my nurse, and my doctor, would have answers until the CAT scan.  nerves, nerves, nerves.    
Hopefully this makes some sense especially since I'm on lots of pain drugs right now and its 12:32 AM.  I need to head to bed, but I'm a little hyper because of the nerves!

No comments:

Post a Comment