Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Definitely not a rule follower

On Monday I met with Dr. S again to go over blood work and typical issues after chemo treatment.  It was very obvious that the Doc was amazed at the blood values - no more antibiotic until next cycle since white blood cells are so good.  The hemoglobin wasn't too bad either considering I'm anemic.  I did ask what these values really mean with respect to treatment and health.  They don't have anything to do with the cancer, but since the values are so good we can continue to progress treatment and get to health in an easier and faster manner.  I do feel that this is still good news and it isn't necessarily typical for sarcoma patients.
Doc did look at tumor sites, but didn't suggest that they have changed size.  He doesn't have measurements and only sees me every few weeks.  I do feel differences in my body as a result of size changes, although the tumors are still obvious because of their size.  I do start treatment again on the 19th and then a CAT scan will follow soon after that.
An interesting notion to share - I made a comment to the doc that I don't seem to follow the rules in terms of side-effects, blood work, etc with chemo treatments.  He completely agreed and even used that phrase himself in the appointment.  I do believe that this is positive!  It would be interesting to know his exact feelings and thoughts on everything, but he will always have to maintain a typical MD response.   He certainly won't suggest any wonderful and crazy things unless there is proof.  Lets hope that the CAT scan in a few weeks will show amazing results that will prove health is coming along!    

2 comments:

  1. I am parying for you and your family! I'm glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Bless You, Jennie. It is all wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete