Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Thoughts

I've had interesting mental and emotional issues the last few weeks.  Frankly, I'm confused.  There really isn't any data to suggest that I'm moving towards health or is there?  I don't seem to follow most of the typical patterns of treatment - I don't experience most of the side-effects except for fatigue, I still have hair, my blood values are great and I typically feel better and healthier as the chemo treatments proceed.  Should I be focused on how I feel and how things are changing physically?  For some reason these thoughts and questions have been very emotional for me.  I do however, have something I should focus on with regards to these questions.  Braeden, my 3.5 year old has had a very difficult time interacting with me since July when I think it became obvious to him that mommy was sick.  All of a sudden, as I have felt better, Braeden is now interacting, chatting, and playing with me.  Children are intuitive - he definitely doesn't know what is occurring exactly, but perhaps he thinks mommy is getting better!  This definitely brings tears to my eyes - perhaps this should be my focus.  My boy is letting me know that I'm getting better. 
OK - emotions put aside. 
I had treatment 2A last Friday after making the decision to delay it due to the power issues at the office.  I'm very happy that I had more time to relax and recuperate from the 5 day cycle.  Again, it was an emotional decision because I wasn't sure if I was negatively affecting my progress towards health.  It is interesting to note that I feel good after this treatment - even better than treatment 1A.  I have more energy and have spent more time with my kids!  I'm wondering if the continued treatments will make me feel better and better.  I do hope that this is the case with the 5 day cycle since it was difficult!
Days are moving fast for me perhaps because of some additional napping during the days, but I need to blog more!  I will try to update more often.     

No comments:

Post a Comment