Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Friday, September 2, 2011

Today

Today was the cycle 2A treatment.  Yesterday I was mentally prepared to go back for treatment unlike Monday when I was wishing for rest and more days off.  In that sense I think my decision that I was so uncertain about was correct.  I would rather go prepared and wanting the next step in treatment. 
Treatment today was OK except for the fact that my appointment was at 10:30 and things didn't start to 11:45.  I'm relatively flexible and understand when an office is busy, but I was concerned that they might have forgotten about me.  Obviously they were still dealing with the fact that the power never returned to the office until Wednesday.
I didn't have many side-effects from cycle 1A of this treatment, but I'm still hesitant.  You never know with these drugs how you will react especially if your body is changing.  So far I'm not as fatigued as the 5 day treatment, but we'll see how the next few days go.  On that note, Happy Labor Day to you US folks.  Enjoy the time off!

No comments:

Post a Comment