Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Postponed Treatment

Cycle 2A did not start on Monday due to a power outage at the doctor's office.  By accident however, I never received a phone call about not going to the office.  I did get a chance to see one of the doctor's on Monday about some abdominal issues I've had that I was potentially worried about.  Dr. H (not my normal doc) gave me the OK/Good about what was going on.  What I've been feeling is the tumors breaking down!  Granted we don't have a CT scan to prove this right now, but I'm happy with the OK/Good explanation.
Again the doctor's office today still had no power so I needed to make a decision about how to proceed.  I was given the option of going to the hospital in Philly to get treatment or I could wait to start the treatment.  I ended up becoming very emotional about this since I didn't know the right answer.  Even after discussing this in detail with the nurses and eventually my doc, it turns out that waiting a week is typical for other sarcoma patients and will not hurt me.  I really wanted more time to recover after the 5 day treatment, but I didn't want to make a decision that affected my path to health.  Ultimately, I decided to delay treatment until Friday.  Not only do I get extra time to recover from the 5 day cycle, but I add recovery time after the 2A cycle by doing it on Friday and not on Monday.  I truly believe that some how God had created this for me.  I pray for help, but am not necessarily specific in my requests.  I really hope that the extra recovery time makes for a positive experience and may help the path to health!   

3 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to see you, talk to you and yours. Not a day goes by without thinking of you; (from Athos; forwarding this to Porthos)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pleased by your comment, but I'm losing my mind with respect to Athos & Porthos. I know we are talking 3 Musketeers, but my brain is a little slow these days. Can I have another clue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not positive, but perhaps the three musketeers were into Sharing?? Perhaps that is the Point? At anyrate, I was forwarded this blog, and am happy to have a way of seeing you and keeping in touch without bothering you and your family when you need to keep your energies directed.

    ReplyDelete