Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Doctor's Appointment Today

I'm going to keep this short - something unusual for me, but I haven't slept well in 3 nights and I need to rest. 
AMAZING doctor's appointment!  This appointment was to check my blood work and see the value of my white blood cells.  Dr. S said WOW countless times as well as saying how amazed he was about my values.  Turns out that I don't even have to take the antibiotic anymore to prevent me from getting sick (usually used on Day 7 to Day 14).  I only took the antibiotic until day 10 and perhaps didn't even need to.  So frankly, think about it this way chemotherapy is supposed to kill all the bad and good cells.  My good cells built themselves up in amazing time.  At least in a time that a seasoned doctor in sarcoma was WOWED!

2 comments:

  1. Yes you need to sleep so those WBC(white blood cells) can continue to proliferate.
    Great job.
    We'll take it.
    Love,
    Uncle Tom, Aunt Stephanie, Trevor and Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm truly inspired by your honesty, bravery, and courage. I wish u the best and will continue to follow your blog during this journey.

    ReplyDelete