Jennie DiLemmo

Welcome to my blog! I want to share information and experiences that I am having while fighting cancer. Not only do I want my supporters to have updates from me, but I want to make this therapeutic for myself. I'm insistent on being positive during my journey to health, but there are obstacles and moments of sadness. I will be raw and extremely truthful; expect the good, bad, and ugly!
Feel free to comment on anything. Perhaps we will all learn new things, including me, while climbing up the positivity ladder to health!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Last Week Update

Sorry for the lack of posting this week - the 5 days of chemotherapy was tiring.  As I was starting to write a blog post on Wednesday I was commenting on few side-effects like fatigue, but a quick rush to the bathroom was necessary to deal with some vomiting.  Needless to say the blog never got posted! 
I had a few vomiting issues with this round of treatment, but for a handful of different reasons.  One of the medications gives me extraordinary pain in the tumor sites and I took Percocet during the treatment (OK'd by the nurses) and it ended up with more vomiting, but no nausea.  This weekend around the same time every night regardless of whether my stomach had food or not resulted in a quick vomit and feeling much better afterward.  In Jennie fashion, these are not typical side-effect issues.  Today I have a much better energy level yet I'm always concerned about changing symptoms.  I am experiencing pain in tumor areas quite often, but it is a reminder that the treatments are fixing them! 
When the side-effects are most apparent I do feel more negative about things - why am I going through this?  why this cancer? my poor boys and family! how long do I have to deal with this?  Frankly it sucks and I hate it, but I do need to fight hard!
I've started to lose my hair and apparently it is a little late.  It is typically 2 weeks and people are completely bald.  This is the start of week 4 for me and I do still have hair, but some balding spots.  I did however go crazy with the hair loss so I'm now shaved like hottie Natalie Portman from back in the day! 
I have lots of thanks to give from this week.  I received help in transportation to and from the doctor's office for treatments, support from the neighbors that will help with the co-payments, lawn mowing, being honored in the Livestrong Race by the Allens, wonderful babysitting, and being fed by numerous colleagues and neighbors!  Many thanks to you all - I end up shedding tears of happiness when you guys help me and my family so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment